This week we are spotlighting the Mizuno S18 Wedge, a fan favorite for 2018. The S18 was among the wedges tested for the MYGOLFSPY 2018 Most Wanted Wedge. It didn’t get first place. However, it was praised for its “excellent, well-rounded performance,” and the overall feedback from the testers was “overwhelmingly positive.” Take a look at what the professional reviewers had to say about the great looking and performing S18 Wedge from Mizuno. And then decide for yourself if the S18 is right for you.
Will the Mizuno S18 Wedge find a home in your bag, or has it already? Either way, let us know what you think of the S18 in the comments below!
Mizuno S18 Wedge Features
- 1025 Boron – 1025 Boron creates longer lasting grooves from a 30% stronger carbon steel while maintaining Mizuno’s Grain Flow Forged feel.
- Bounce Specific Sole Grinds – The bounce is matched to the sole grind to maintain better versatility.
- Rounded Silhouette – Allows the blade to open without impacting alignment.
- Thicker Upper Blade Portion – A thicker top line on the most lofted options delivers spin consistency from high on the face.
- Precise Milled Face and Grooves – Mizuno has made tolerances even tighter with a new milling tool, which means more surface roughness to increase spin closer to the green.
- Loft Specific Performance – A unique groove depth, profile, and sole grind are used on every loft to increase the effectiveness for their expected use.
- Loft/COG Flow Design – The Center Of Gravity of the wedge flows throughout the set to give more control and versatility.
- Harmonic Impact Technology – Fine tuned head geometry delivers ideal impact feel and feedback.
- Quad Cut Grooves – Milled narrow/deep grooves optimized for stronger lofts and wide/shallow grooves optimized for higher lofts.
- Grain Flow Forged – Patented forging process ensures long, continuous grains to deliver soft, solid, consistent feel.
The S18 wedge is the newest member in our family of performance wedges with advanced center of gravity positioning
New Mizuno S18 Wedge Review – Rick Shiels Review Video
In this review video from Rick, he tests out the Mizuno S18 Wedge on the course to get the feel of the club. He then brings the S18 inside and hits a few ProV1 balls to gather shot data. Rick loves the looks of the club, but is it a well-performing club? Take a look and find out!
Mizuno S18 Wedge Review By Golfalot – Golfalot Review Video
Martin from Golfalot review the S18 wedge from Mizuno in this video. He starts by explaining the difference between the previous model, the S5, and the new S18 Mizuno wedge model. There is a ton of good information here to help you know how the two models compare. Martin then hits a few shots with the S18 and gives his views and opinions on this incredible wedge!
Mizuno S18 Golf Wedges Full Review! – MrShortGame Golf Review Video
Well, MrShortGame seems awfully happy with his new Mizuno S18 Blue Ion Wedges! In this video, he gives a full, comprehensive review of these wedges by putting them to the test on the course. Take a look and find out his opinion of the S18 Wedges.
Mizuno S18 Wedges / Loft Specific Design – Mizuno Product Video
Take a look at this video from Mizuno to get a better idea of what the S18 Wedge is all about and how it can help your game!
A true specialist wedge in every aspect (sole grind, profile, beveled top line and groove depth) from the 46-degree pitching wedge replacement to the 62-degree lob wedge in a mid-size, rounded profile.
Products Highlighted in this Article