As a golfer, you know the importance of your golf driver. It’s the most expensive club in your golf bag for a reason. Just because you know what your driver is doesn’t mean that you’ve nailed the right way to swing it yet. That’s why we’ve gathered some tips that you can use to swing your golf driver like a pro.
When you’re just starting, you probably can’t swing that golf driver with a lot of speed, but you can still dig in and maximize the distance of your swing. Here are a few tips to get you started with improving your swing if you’re a right-handed golfer.
The Basic Swing
- Set it up – You’ll start with a wide stance, with our head positioned behind the ball.
- Hold the club – You grip the driver with your lead hand and your trail hand to form a “V” with your hands. Your spine naturally tilts a little away from the target.
- Backswing – Rotate your body, beginning with your shoulders. Shift your weight back to your right foot and bring the driver back, keeping your arms well away from your body.
- Downswing – Shift your weight to your left foot. Hit the ball before turning your back foot.
- Finish – Continue the follow-through, keeping your head down and extending your arms through the shot. It would be best if you ended up with your golf driver over your head and your shoulders pointing left.
Of course, these steps are a very brief overview to get you started. If you’re serious about your game, you’ll want to take a few lessons from a golf pro or expert to kick things off. And while the basic steps are relatively straightforward, practice is the key to improvement. It’s just not easy to get all the steps down right the first time. It would be best to swing that driver with a steady speed, which is one of the essential elements of a successful driver swing.
To hit your driver well, you should also make sure that you have one fitted to your measurements. Since every golf driver club is unique, you’ll get a slightly different experience with each brand or model. Even the top pro golfers need to start with the golf clubs that are right for them, and then they familiarize themselves with their equipment and work toward working through and improving their swing.
That’s why we offer such a wide selection of golf drivers at Rock Bottom Golf. We want to make sure that you’re able to find the solution that will best meet your needs both now and in the future. Most of our drivers also have multiple customer reviews. So you can hear from golfers just like you and get their firsthand experiences.
At Rock Bottom Golf, we offer the best golf drivers you need at discounted pricing. You’ve already come to rely on the quality and performance of the top brands we carry: Callaway, Cobra King, Mizuno, PING, TaylorMade, Titleist, and Wilson. It’s part of the consistent service and support that you’ve come to trust and rely on.
We use these golf drivers and equipment ourselves. And we’re confident in the technology and cutting-edge innovation that these products represent when you use them on the golf course to enhance your performance. Shop our large selection of golf drivers, with the lowest pricing guaranteed, at Rock Bottom Golf.
Before You Go
Before you go, we would love to hear about what golf driver swing techniques you use. And what has helped your driver swing? Share your favorite tips and tricks down in the comments!