Hello, fellow Rockheads! This week we are spotlighting the new Callaway Super Hybrid! Finally, there is a hybrid with driver technology that may be able to replace your fairway wood. It was created to have the same distance and power as a fairway wood while keeping the ease of usability you would expect from a hybrid.
But what do you think? Is Callaway on to something here? Is it a club that tries to do too much because it is more like a wood? Will you be heading to your local shop and trying it out? Take a look at the information below and let us know your opinions in the comments.
Callaway Super Hybrid Feature Highlights
- Incredible Ball Speed and Optimized Ball Flight From Titanium Construction – The high-strength Titanium Face Insert generates fast ball speeds across the face and is designed to maximize distance. The Jailbreak Bars stiffen the body, placing more impact load on the Face Insert for incredibly fast ball speed. Together, these technologies deliver the performance of a fairway wood in a hybrid.
- Consistent Launch From An All-Titanium Body With Low CG – The all-titanium body allows strong construction while redistributing weight for a Center of Gravity with consistent and penetrating launch.
- Enhanced Launch and Trajectory Control From Metal Injection Molded Tungsten Weighting – A higher volume of Metal Injection Molded (MIM’ed) tungsten weight optimizes CG for launch and control.
- Controlled Launch And Forgiveness From A T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown – A new and lighter triaxial carbon fabric has a tighter weave. The weight savings compared to a steel crown is redistributed within the head to lower the CG. The lower CG creates a more controlled launch and raises MOI for consistent distance on off-center hits.
- Optimized Adjustability and Control – The new OptiFit 3 Hosel makes it easier to dial in your launch and optimal ball flight.
Callaway is a proven leader in developing category-defining distance technologies, with innovations that are specifically designed to help you hit the ball farther. And we’ve set a performance milestone in the Super Hybrid to create something entirely new: a hybrid that can deliver the power of a fairway wood.Callaway Golf
Mens 2020 Super Hybrid Product Specs
Super Hybrid || Hands-on Product Series
Callaway Talks: The New Super Hybrid
The New Super Hybrid, Steph Curry Signed, & Hashtag Chad || ShipShow 327
It’s a total distance machine, and with the stronger titanium construction we can precisely position the CG to create a hybrid with a consistent, penetrating launch. Using titanium throughout the body allows us to place a substantially higher volume of tungsten into the heel and toe for increased MOI and optimized ball flight. If you want the distance of a fairway wood from a hybrid, then you need to put this in your bag.Callaway Golf
Before you go, check out our other great Callaway gear articles. Take a look at the new JAWS MD5 Wedges. And then there is always the Epic Flash Hybrids if the Super Hybrid isn’t your cup-o-tea. There are also TONS more here as well! And NEW for 2020, Callaway has come out with the Mavrik gear line! Check them out here!