Sniff’s Weekly Roundup
I’ve collected the top news and trending topics in the golf world so you can catch up on what you need to know! I’ve included some of the top stories as well as some of the most interesting stories and links from all around the internet! Enjoy! -Sniff
Here’s What’s Happened:
1. Danny Willett earns his Green Jacket at Augusta. Willett finished at 5-under 283, three shots ahead of a group of players who finished in second. The English golfer shot a bogey-free 67 twenty years after fellow countryman, Nick Faldo accomplished the same feat. This was Willett’s second attempt at winning The Masters after making the cut and finishing 38th last year.
From one champion to another. pic.twitter.com/5LHsYAmXtd
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) April 10, 2016
2. Jordan Spieth collapses after a huge lead at The Masters. All roads were leading to a Jordan Spieth repeat at Augusta after he finished the first nine holes with a five stroke lead. He shot the next three holes in 6 over, including a quadruple bogey on the 12th. He hit the water hazard two times on that hole. Spieth told reporters he just had a “bad 30 minutes” and that’s all it took to give the win away.
3. Three golfers ace the final round 16th hole. Davis Love III, Shane Lowry, and Louis Oosthuzien all made a hole-in-one on the par-3 16th on Sunday. There has never been such a feat in Masters history. Oosthuzien’s ball bounced off of J.B. Holmes’ to find the cup.
4. Rory McIlroy admits to having to overcome a ‘mental hurdle’ after Masters. The former number-one in the world finished tied for 10th place at one-over-par. He claims the adjustment to the travel schedule and the pressure of being a high achiever is something he is always working on.
Links I Love:
- Just in case you were curious, and I know you are, here is a list of the prize money for every player who finished at The Masters.
- Watch Danny Willett find out he won The Masters:
What to Watch For:
- The RBC Heritage begins Thursday, April 14th from Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- On the European Tour, the Real Club Valderrama Open de Espana begins Thursday, April 14th from Andalucia, Spain.