2017 is almost over. There have been some unexpected, exciting victories, in the golf world, as well as some long awaited ones! Let’s take a look at some of this year’s best moments!
- Justin Thomas won 5 times this year, including his 1st major (PGA Championship) PLUS the overall FedEx Cup Championship! He also was named Player of the Year!
- Jordan Speith won The Open, leaving him with just 1 more major to complete a career Grand Slam! He also ended the year ranked #2 in the Fed Ex Cup standings!
- Tiger Woods had another back surgery, and despite some set backs earlier in the year, managed to return to golf at the Hero World Challenge! He finished T-9 of 18 spots with a -8! Not a bad first game back!
- The USA won another Presidents Cup, scoring a 19 and the international team an 11.
- Sergio Garcia finally won his first Major at The Masters Tournament and was given the title European Golfer of the Year! He also married Angela Akins and recently announced that they’re having a baby!
- And last, but certainly not least, John Daly won his 1st PGA Champions Tour tournament this year- which also happened to be his first win since 2004! His son also had a pretty good year, winning the International Junior Golf Tour IJGA Invitational at Harbour Town Golf Links in December!