Sniff’s Weekly Roundup
I’ve collected the top news and trending topics in the golf world so you can catch up on what you need to know! I’ve included some of the top stories as well as some of the most interesting stories and links from all around the internet! Enjoy! -Sniff
Here’s What’s Happened:
1. Zurich Open scheduled for a Monday finish. Severe weather delayed play on Saturday and Sunday at TPC Louisiana, saturating the course and making conditions unplayable. The event will be shortened to 54 total holes of play. Brian Stuard and Jhonattan Vegas share the lead part way through the third round at 13-under par.
A typical Sunday third round on the PGA TOUR… pic.twitter.com/XcYnosvvyM
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) May 1, 2016
2. Li Haotong wins Volvo China Open in his home country. The twenty-year old golfer began the day two shots behind the leader but was tied with the lead by the 17th hole. Haotong then birdied the final hole to earn the victory. He became the second-straight Chinese golfer to win the event.
3. An update on Tiger’s return? The golf world is on the edge of their seat waiting for Tiger to return, especially after his manager confirmed he would return in 2016. He just hit the links for the first time since his surgeries in the fall and was able to play just five holes. There have been reports, however, that Tiger has booked hotel accommodations for The Players in just two weeks.
4. Jenny Shin gets her first LPGA Tour Victory in her 135th start. Shin shot a bogey-free final round 67 in her win at the Volunteers of America Texas Shootout Presented by JTBC.
5. Thirty-nine year old Seamus Power wins first Web.com event. The Irishman won his first Web.com Tour event this weekend at the United Leasing and Finance Tournament. He shot a bogey-free final round and finished the tournament 12-under 276.
Links I Love:
- A bored Billy Horschel made a different kind of birdie into the camera on Sunday while waiting out the rain. He immediately took to Twitter to apologize and his fans gracefully accepted.
— Billy Horschel (@BillyHo_Golf) May 1, 2016
- A course in Japan is preparing for drones to deliver food and drinks to golfers while out on the links.
- The guys from Dude Perfect battle to see who has the best Super Flop Shot over an 8 foot wall.
What to Watch For:
- The Wells Fargo Championship begins Thursday, May 5th from Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- On the European Tour, the Trophee Hassan II begins Thursday, May 5th from Royal Golf Dar Es Salam in Rabat, Morocco.