Sniff’s Weekly Roundup
I’ve collected the top news and trending topics in the golf world so you can catch up on what you need to know! I’ve included some of the top stories as well as some of the most interesting stories and links from all around the internet! Enjoy! -Sniff
Here’s What’s Happened:
1. Davis Love III becomes third oldest golfer to win on the PGA Tour at age 51. Love started Sunday four strokes back, but came from behind to win the Wyndham Championship. His win came with an invitation to The Barclays next weekend. Love has 21 career victories, his most recent coming in 2008. He ended his winless drought Sunday with a final score of 17-under.
2. Tiger Woods season ends with 10th place finish on Sunday. Woods was just two shots off the lead heading into the final round. But after a triple-bogey on the par-4 11th hole, he bogeyed the 12th hole. He had a late run of birdies, but it was too late. The forty-year-old has suffered through several injuries this season, and looked to be grabbing at his back on Sunday. He did draw large crowds and lots of social media attention when it looked like he may have a chance to win in the earlier rounds. However, Woods season ended with a 13-under at the Wyndham Championship.
People were so nice this entire week, tons of respect for Greensboro. Very cool to see @Love3d get another win here.
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) August 23, 2015
3. Lydia Ko earns eighth career victory at Canadian Pacific Women’s Open. Ko defeated Stacy Lewis to remain at the number 2 ranked woman in the world. This was the third time Ko won this specific tournament. Previously, in 2012 Ko won the Canadian Pacific Open becoming the youngest ever to do so at the age of 15.
— Lydia Ko (@LydiaKo) August 24, 2015
Links I Love:
- Hunter Mahan gives his best and worst about the PGA Tour, including the least funny golfer. He says it’s Jordan Spieth. What do you think? Interview via Today’s Golfer.
- Taylor Made has launched an app that tracks and improves your golf game. Read more about it at Wired.
- Do you know what as WAG is? Apparently it’s a Wife or Girlfriend of famous athletes. Sports Illustrated put together a list of golf’s best WAGs.
What to Watch For:
- The Barclays begins Thursday from Plainfield Country Club in Edison, New Jersey.