Lookin’ to tone your core and bum? Try adding the bridge exercise to your regular workout! Check out how to do this great tonin’ move below!
1. Lay on your back with your hands by your sides, your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Your feet should be about hip distance apart.Make sure your feet are under your knees.
2. Inhale: Take a deep breath in, expanding into your back and lungs.
3. Exhale: Keeping your torso in one flat piece, press your feet into the mat and tighten your abdominal and buttock muscles as you lift your hips up off the mat.
4. Raise your hips up to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
5. Squeeze your core and try to pull your belly button back toward your spine. Remember to breath.
6. If your hips sag or drop, lower yourself back on the floor.
7. The goal is to maintain a straight line from your shoulders to your knees and hold for 20 to 30 seconds. You may need to begin by holding the bridge position for a few seconds as you build your strength. It’s better to hold the correct position for a shorter time than to go longer in the incorrect position.
Mastered the basic bridge? Try the advanced bridge featured in the video below from FitSugar!