Open Championship 2010, St Andrews Trivia, and More
The Open Championship is played on a 9 course rotation on historic links in Scotland and England. It was also held one time in Northern Ireland, at the Royal Portrush, but that has since been removed from rotation.
This year’s stop: The Old Course at St. Andrews:
Did you know?
- This will mark the 27th time these links have held the Open.
- Tiger Woods triumphed over the last two British Opens that were held at the Old Course in 2000 and 2005.
- During his 2000 appearance Tiger Woods set a record of -19 in relations to par, which stands as the lowest record in any major.
- Tom Kidd won the first St Andrews hosted Open Championship with a 2 round score of 179 in 1873.
- Bradley Dredge and Mikko Ilonen are tied for lowest 1 round score with a 64.
Do you think Tiger can win his third consecutive appearance at St Andrews?
Bonus: The weather this week looks a little messy Do you think it will take it’s toll on the golfers?