There’s been a lot of speculation surrounding Tiger Woods, his wife, and what took place early Friday morning after Thanksgiving. Here’s what we know:
- Tiger was leaving his home at about 2:25 am Friday, November 27. At 2:28 a 911 call was placed one of Tiger’s neighbors who had been awakened by the sound of the accident. Tigers SUV had struck both a fire hydrant and a tree.
- According to an eye witness, Tiger Woods was unconscious when paramedics arrived. He was also bleeding from his lower lip. No blood was found on the steering wheel of the car.
- Tiger’s wife, model Elin Nordegren, was found standing next to him and the SUV holding a golf club. When asked if he had taken any medications, she retrieved two bottles of pills from the house but could not tell when he had taken them last.
- The passenger windows of the SUV were broken, and Elin stated she busted out the windows in order to unlock the door and get to Tiger.
- Tiger was taken to an area hospital, treated and released in good health, but with facial lacerations and complaining of mild soreness.
- Where was Tiger going at 2:30 in the morning? Was he leaving or fleeing?
- Were his facial injuries caused by his wife?
- Why knock out the windows on both sides of SUV to unlock the door?
- Does this have anything to do with the swirling rumors of Tiger’s supposed affair in Australia?
At this point, it doesn’t look very likely that we’ll hear anything that hasn’t been passed through who-knows how many layers of PR people and lawyers. What other questions would you ask Tiger if you could, and what do you think really happened?
UPDATE: ESPN.com is reporting that Tiger will be charged with reckless driving and the investigation will be closed.