Winter is upon us, and for cave-ladies that means skinny jeans and boots. If you’re feeling nervous about struttin’ around in your skinny jeans, add these moves to your workout routine.
- Stand in front of a sturdy chair* (make sure it won’t slide out from under you) and place your right foot in the center of the seat.
- Step up onto the chair and bring your left knee forward and up.
- Lower yourself back to the floor, with the foot landing quietly.
- Switch legs and repeat. That completes two steps.
- Do 20 steps total
*If a chair feels too high, use a shorter stool or a bottom stair. When doing step-ups make sure you have weight in your heel to your thigh rather than your calf muscle.
Seated Sweeping Leg Lift
- Sit with your legs extended in front of you. Bend your left knee and clasp your shin with both hands.
- Flex your right foot and lift it a few inches above the ground. Sweep it away from your body to the right. Hold here for three seconds. Then return your leg back to center and hold for another three seconds. This counts as one rep.
- Complete three sets of 12 to 15 reps with each leg.
Crossover Lunge With Bicep Curl
- Stand with your feet shoulder distance apart. Grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms down at your sides.
- Take a large step diagonally forward with your right foot, planting your foot at the eleven o’clock position. Sink down until your thighs form right angles. As you bend your knees, curl the dumbbells toward your upper arms.
- Extend your legs, then lift your right knee and bring it in toward your chest and lower your arms. Step back with your right leg, this time lunging behind your torso and stepping back to the eight o’clock position. As you sink down into the reverse lunge, complete another bicep curl. This completes one rep. Complete your set, then switch sides.