Danielle Kang was born in San Francisco, California on October 20th, 1992. Kang played college golf at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. While at Pepperdine she was ruled academically ineligible to compete during the 2011 NCAA postseason, after playing during the regular season. When asked about the incident Kang stated “Pepperdine is in the past for me. I’m focusing on the future, turning pro after the U.S. Women’s Amateur.” As an amateur she had a great career, finish as the low amateur during the Women’s British Open, finishing in T49. In 2011 Danielle captured her 2nd U.S. Women’s Amateur becoming the first player in 15 years to win the title consecutively. Currently, she has 2 victories on the LPGA tour.
What’s In The Bag (4/10/2018)
- Driver – TaylorMade M4 (8.5 degrees)
- Fairway Wood – TaylorMade M1 (19 degrees)
- Hybrid – Titleist 816 H2 (19 & 23 Degree)
- Irons – Titleist 716 CB (5-9)
- Wedges – Titleist Vokey SM6 (46, 50, 54, & 58)
- Putter – Scotty Cameron Circle T FB+
- KPMG Women’s PGA Championship – 07/02/2017 – (-13)
- Buick LPGA Shanghai – 10/21/2018 – (-13)
If we had a golf swing this good we would do a happy dance too!