Sniff’s Weekly Roundup
I’ve collected the top news and trending topics in the golf world so you can catch up on what you need to know! I’ve included some of the top stories as well as some of the most interesting stories and links from all around the internet! Enjoy! -Sniff
Here’s What’s Happened:
1. Jason Day makes headlines again with win at Arnold Palmer Invitational. Day moves himself back up to number two in the world golf standings after winning the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill this weekend. He became just the fourth player in history to go wire-to-wire on the course. Day struggled early Sunday shooting three bogeys on the front nine but ended up shooting a 70 on the day. Kevin Chappell finished just one shot behind Day. Henrik Stenson and Troy Merritt tied for third place and Zach Johnson rounded out the top five.
2. SSP Chawrasia finally earns top spot at Hero Indian Open. After finishing second place in the tournament four different times, Chawrasia finally did enough to take home the trophy. The hometown favorite finished at 15-under par for the weekend, defeating Jeunghan Wang and fellow countryman Anirban Lahiri who tied for second place.
3. Rory McIlroy isn’t having the best year. After some speculation that the golfer had lost his swing, McIlory admitted Sunday after the Arnold Palmer Invitational that he is struggling with his mental game. It has showed in the rankings as Jason Day took over the number two spot after his win this weekend. McIlroy carded six double-bogeys on the weekend and finished tied at 27.
Links I Love:
- You’ve seen the “This is SportsCenter” commercials on ESPN, well now, Jordan Spieth has made one of his own:
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 16, 2016
- Golf truly is a gentleman’s game and they start them young. A seven-year-old boy returned his trophy after realizing his score card had been computed incorrectly. He gracefully handed over his reign.
- A minor league team is giving away Shooter McGavin bobbleheads to fans. Want one? Just be one of the first 1,000 fans to enter the gate when the Oriole affiliates the Frederick Keys play the Lynchburg Hillcats in June.
— Frederick Keys (@FrederickKeys) March 17, 2016
What to Watch For:
- The World Golf Championships- Dell Match Play begins Wednesday, March 23, 2016 from Austin Country Club in Austin, Texas.