Sniff’s Weekly Roundup
I’ve collected the top news and trending topics in the golf world so you can catch up on what you need to know! I’ve included some of the top stories as well as some of the most interesting stories and links from all around the internet! Enjoy! -Sniff
Here’s What’s Happened:
1. Rickie Fowler gets win at Abu Dhabi Championship. Fowler, dressed in his trademark orange, hit a birdie on the 17th hole to hold onto the lead and take the trophy on Sunday. Fowler finished the tournament at 16-under 272. Thomas Pieters finished one stroke back, with Rory McIlroy and Henrik Stenson tied for third. With the win, Fowler is projected to be ranked at number four when the new world rankings are announced Monday morning.
2. Jason Dufner wins in playoff at CareerBuilder Challenge. Dufner and David Lingmerth were tied at 25-under after four rounds. It took just two playoff holes for Dufner to win it all on Sunday. On Saturday, Dufner finished his day by birdieing seven of the final nine holes and headed into the final round with a two-stroke lead. Dufner had gone winless since the 2013 PGA Championship.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) January 25, 2016
3.Jordan Spieth to cut back on traveling to tournaments abroad for the time being. Despite finishing in the top five at The Abu Dhabi Championship this weekend, Spieth admitted he was exhausted and not playing his best due to the tough travel schedule. Since the end of 2015, Spieth has traveled to China, Australia, the Bahamas and Hawaii before heading to the UAB.
Links I Love:
- After Rickie Fowler won The Abu Dhabi Championship on Sunday, he celebrated by buying champagne for members of the media. He then took the below selfie:
Winning selfie. 🏆📱 pic.twitter.com/WgYUpJSTne
— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) January 24, 2016
- Jason Dufner nearly made a shot from the rocks at The CareerBuilder Challenge on Sunday. The risky shot kept him at par and in the lead heading into the final hole of the tournament. Check it out:
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) January 24, 2016
- Had enough of the snow? Well, if you haven’t, check out these gorgeous photos of St. Andrews Golf Course covered in snow.
What to Watch For:
- The Farmers Insurance Open begins Thursday, January 28th from Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego, California.
- On the European Tour, The Commercial Bank Qatar Masters begins Thursday, January 28th from Doha Golf Course in Doha, Qatar.