With his win this weekend at Pebble Beach, Paul Snedeker(the defending FedExCup champ):
· Is expected to move him from sixth to fourth in the World Ranking.
· Since the start of the 2011 season, he is tied with Woods in PGA Tour victories with four, second only to Rory McIlroy’s five wins.
· Earns 5th career PGA TOUR win at the age of 32 years, 2 months and 2 days in his 171st career start.
· Extends exempt TOUR status by one year through the 2018 season.
· TOUR wins: 2007 Wyndham Championship, 2011 RBC Heritage, 2012 Farmers Insurance Open and 2012 TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola.
· Records second win in last six starts on TOUR dating to last start of 2012 at the TOUR Championship.
· 2012 FedExCup champion retains the No. 1 spot in the current FedExCup standings.
· Wins in sixth start at Pebble Beach – missed the cut in two of previous three starts here (2009 and 2011).
· 2013 starts-made cuts-top-10s-wins (not including this week’s start): 4-4-3-0.
· Becomes first player since 1990 to follow up two consecutive runner-up finishes with a win.
· Has been in the top-4 of the standings at the end of 12 of his 19 rounds on TOUR this season.
· In 19 rounds thus far in 2013, has 16 rounds in the 60s and 18 under-par rounds.
· Has had a round in the 60s in 16 of his last 17 rounds on TOUR. A 75 in the second round of the Farmers Insurance Open is his lone miss.
· Is 33/37 for subpar rounds in official TOUR events, dating to the start of the Wyndham Championship in August of last year. The week before the Wyndham Championship, missed the cut at the PGA Championship.
· Converted second straight opportunity when holding the third-round lead/co-lead.
How many more wins will Snedeker see this season? Will he be the big news this year? Let me know what you think in the comments!