Tired of doing all those sit-ups? Well, Scratch has got ya covered! Add these 3 new ab exercises to yer weekly routine and you’ll be on yer way to the New Year’s Resolution!
Jackknife – Targets both your upper abs and your lower abs.
1. Lie flat on the ground.
2. Stretch your arms out over your heads and extend your legs in the opposite directions. You can have your feet on the floor or about an inch above the floor, depending on your abdominal strength.
3. Exhale and bend at the waist, bringing your legs and torso up at the same time. Bring your legs up to a 35- to 45-degree angle with the floor and ensure your arms come parallel to your legs.
4. As you inhale, lower your legs and arms to the floor. Do two sets of 15 to 25 repetitions.
Windshield Wiper(Plank Variation) – Targets back, abs, obliques, butt, and legs
1.Start on floor in plank position, balancing on forearms and toes, elbows directly under shoulders. Clasp hands together.
2. Lift right leg behind you as high as you can, then lower it without touching toes to floor and bring it out to right side.
3. Return right leg to center, then repeat without touching toes to floor.
4. Do 10 to 12 reps. Switch legs and repeat.
Clamp – Targets back, abs, obliques, inner thighs, and outer thighs
1. Lie faceup on floor with arms and legs extended upward; lift head, neck, and shoulders off floor.
2. Simultaneously lower arms out to sides and open legs 45 degrees, keeping shoulders and chest lifted throughout.
3. Return to start, squeezing palms together and legs together.
4. Do 10 to 12 reps.