Every golfer wants to hit a hole in one, but only a small percentage of us ever get the privilege of buying a round for the rest of the clubhouse. Are you one of the lucky few to have carded a 1? Or even seen anyone do it? Share your story in the comments below!
- TOUR PLAYER MAKING AN ACE: 1 in 3,000
- AVERAGE PLAYER MAKING AN ACE: 1 in 12,000
- LOW HANDICAPPER MAKING AN ACE: 1 in 5,000
- AVERAGE PLAYER ACING A 200 YARD HOLE: 1 in 150,000
- TWO PLAYERS FROM THE SAME FOURSOME ACING THE SAME HOLE: 1 in 17,000,000
- ONE PLAYER MAKING TWO HOLES IN ONE IN ONE ROUND: 1 in 67,000,000 – think that’s impossible? Tell that to the son of Mississippi’s governor, who did just that!
So the odds of two players acing the same hole back to back is 1 in 17 million, but that’s just what a couple rural Kansas gent’s did last week, and what these blokes did last year!
Even more interesting to this Caveman are these numbers that paint a picture of the “average” acer:
- Average age of a Hole In One golfer: 44.7037 yrs.
- Average handicap of Hole In One golfer: 13.7429
- Number of years playing golf: 17.1160 yrs.
- Percent of Aces by: Male 84% Female 16%
- Day of week most Holes In One occur: Friday
- Day of week least Holes In One occur: Sunday
- Average par for the aced hole: Par 3.02
- Average yardage of aced hole: 150.54 yds.
- Club most often used in making an ace: 7 Iron
States reporting the most hole in ones:
- California with 2060 aces.
- Florida with 1762 aces.
- Michigan with 1083 aces.
- Illinois with 908 aces.
- Texas with 890 aces.
Countries with most aces recorded:
- USA with 20243 aces.
- Canada with 1092 aces.
- United Kingdom with 455 aces.
- Australia with 194 aces.
- Ireland with 90 aces.
Golf balls most often used:
- Titleist with 3945 aces.
- Callaway with 1009 aces.
- Nike with 980 aces.
- Top Flite with 874 aces.
- Maxfli with 591 aces.
So now you know to tee up a Titleist golf ball on every par 3, 150-yard hole you come across… but only if you’ve got some witnesses!