Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner, and this Caveman can’t wait for the kickoff! The teams look pretty even, so the smart money this year is on the side bets. A couple bloggers, including our friend Sam Greenspan over at 11points.com combed through a bunch of sports books and collected the strangest, stupidest side bets for this year’s big game. Here are the best of the best, my seven favorite stupid Super Bowl side bets, starting with the singing of the national anthem:
- Will Christina Aguilera wear a cowboy hat while singing the national anthem?
- How long will it take Christina Aguilera to sing the national anthem: Under 1:42 or over 1:42?
- First end zone celebration:
- Touchdown spike
- Championship belt
- Snow angel
- Throat slash
- Dirty bird
- Shows his biceps
- The worm
- Dunks ball through uprights
- Quiets the crowd
- Military salute
- Funky Chicken
- Lambeau Leap
- How many times will FOX mention Brett Favre on TV during the game: Under 3 or more than 3?
- First to be mentioned by Troy Aikman or Joe Buck after kickoff: Terrible Towel or Cheesehead?
- Will any live animal appear on the field during the half time show?
- Will a live ball hit the scoreboard during the game?
PS: I almost forgot – this Caveman’s keepin’ his fingers crossed for a good, close game and taking the Packers over the Steelers, 38-34. Who do YOU think will win Super Bowl XLV?