It’s that time of year again. You know, time for a new one. And with that new year comes new possibilities. Resolutions are the best way are a great way to start the year off feeling good about yourself and what you will accomplish. This caveman has tried making resolutions in the past, but has often failed to achieve them, and then I get all self critical and frustrated with myself. Last year, however, I think I figured out the trick of it.
First of all, the goals have to be measurable. Just saying, I want to golf more often, better or be in better shape, while achievable, probably won’t keep you motivated. They need to be a bit more specific. How often do you want to golf? What is your goal round? If you want to lose weight, how much?
Next they have to be challenging yet attainable. Don’t expect to get out onto the course and just drop 20 strokes off of your round or add 50 yards to your drive. This could cause some quick frustration and make you give up. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, if they are too easy, what will keep you going for the rest of the year?
This Caveman has come up with a list of 2011 resolutions for himself:
- Shoot Multiple sub 90 rounds: Last years goal was sub 100, and I was shooting 99’s-101’s most of the time by the beginning of November! I plan on using the tools I have at the cave in my training aids corner to help me out!
- Run 3 miles in under 20 minutes: Since the cave started getting fitness equipment, especially the treadmills, I went from not even being able to run 2 miles without falling off and gasping for air, to being able to run 3 miles in about 30 minutes. Not a super impressive time, I know. But for someone who has been around since the stone ages, it’s not too shabby. I eventually want to be able to run a 5k for a few charities and not be that awkward guy who is lost somewhere in between the runners and the walkers.
- Gain 2k more Facebook Rock Heads: I know I know, it sounds cheesy, but I have increased my visibility and interaction with you all so much through this social tool! It lets me get feedback much quicker, and I love seeing posts from happy Rock Heads, helping those who need it, keeping you up to date on the stranger goings on in the golfin’ world! If you have any ideas on how I can make my page even better, let this caveman know!
- Set up shop at 7 Golf Shows across the North East: Ok so, weather allowing, I have this one covered. Make sure you come see me at any of these awesome locations.
- Lastly, I want to get even more great deals at the cave: yes I know, this one isn’t really specific, but its always been my Mantra! So if you have any equipment you want to see on the website, let me know!
What are your 2011 New Years resolutions Rock Heads? Can you think of any that any pro golfers should have?
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
From Scratch and your friends at Rock Bottom Golf!
Let us help you with your golfin’ and fitness New Years resolution this year!