Yesterday, bleacher report posted a column on 10 Up-and-Coming Players to watch in 2011. The list itself is pretty excellent:
- Charl Shwartzel – 26 yr old South African who won twice in the European Tour last season
- Jamie Lovemark – Californian born PGA Tour 2011 Rookie, fresh out of killing at the college level
- Mateo Manassero – At 17 he is the youngest player to every an event on the European Tour!
- Ryo Ishikawa – Maybe 2010 wasn’t as golden for him on the PGA Tour as it should have been?
- Jin Jeong – First Asian Player to win a British Championship, and he just did it at age 20.
- Rickie Fowler – He made to the Ryder Cup, and back on the up and comings list
- Jason Day – Finished top 10 fives times on the PGA Tour and hasn’t missed a cut since May!
- Adam Scott – Finished top-10 3 times, and won the Valero Texas Open.
- Anthony Kim – He has a unique style, and he came in to 2010 strong until he hurt himself…
And of course:
- Rory McIlroy – He has just dominated over the European Tour this season
I posted this list to my Facebook fan page, with the question, Who will you watch during 2011? I was surprised to see the majority of the comments were simply “Tiger.” Is everyone Ready for Tiger to win again, or are we enjoying watching him struggle? I for one want to see him rise to the top once again.
Are there any others golfers you are going to be watching out for next season? What about Martin Kaymer, Matt Kuchar or Louise Oosthuizen? And can John Daly figure out how to play sober and without that extra driving weight?